Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's Getting Closer

The beginning of residency is only a week and a few days away.  Hard to believe, surreal, unbelievable...all these things are what come to my head first.  However, I'm really excited because I have a great intern class!  I'm already certified in PALS (pediatric advanced life support) and I have my ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) cert tomorrow morning.  By the end of next week I will be certified in PALS, ACLS, FCCS, and ATLS.  Yep, I'm awesome.
  This is also an exciting weekend.  My friend Whitney is coming up from D.C. to visit and I have all sorts of fun things planned.  I will leave you with a couple pics of Whitney and I.  I will be back in the next few days with a fun recap!

This picture was taken at Club Luna in Huntington, WV, which is no longer in business.  It was this great little martini bar with delicious tapas.  They were known for their great specialty martinis and sangria.  My favorite martini of theirs was a gin martini base with muddled cucumber and fresh cucumber slices.  So refreshing!
Christmas 2009?  Whatever it was, we had a blast getting to see each other.  Heather is on the far left..I've known her since I was born, and now she's an actress in LA.


Also...on June 28th Andy and I will have been married for 3 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment