Thursday, May 19, 2011

Movin' on Up

Things have been totally hectic around here what with the move and all.  Considering that I've never really moved (other than back and forth from college), I didn't really realize how in depth this would be.  As long as everything goes as planned, we are closing on our house on May 26th and moving up on the 25th.  Our house is an absolute disaster right now....obviously there will be no pictures of my house currently because it looks like a 1920s tenement.

The other day as a surprise for Adam's birthday, we went to Pies and Pints.  I need to backtrack to get to the root of this story.  One my first Pies & Pints trip, we didn't ask Adam to come because we thought he was still in Florida. However, he was already back from his vacation and felt left out.  And we felt terrible.  On Adam's actual birthday, he called us all up to grill out because we hadn't planned anything.  Little did he know that we were going to surprise him over the next few days at Pies & Pints.  Needless to say, he loved it! 
We drank lots of good beer and tried some new pies....so freakin' good.

Half grape and gorgonzola pie.....and half black bean.  Let me just say that the black bean was off the charts good.  Black beans, salsa, cheddar, onions, cilantro, jalapenos, and creme fraiche.

Half steak and half shrimp Mediterranean.  The Mediterranean had more artichokes than you can possibly fathom.  Therefore, it was awesome!!

Last night, we went bowling at Colonial Lanes where it was $1 bowling.  Also, pitchers of Yunegling Black & Tan were $5!!  I am the worst bowler in the world with incorrigible form, but somehow managed to win a game.  During said game, I also managed to throw the ball behind me whilst every "professional" stared at me like I was an idiot.
Had to get a good picture!!!  107!  Terrible score for anyone that's actually good at bowling, but awesome for me.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we won trivia at The Union!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's been a great week! A few more fun days left with the group. :( now time to pack some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grape and gorgonzola sounds so unbearably amazing I could die. BTW - your use of the term 'incorrigible' makes me so happy; I love that word!

    ReplyDelete