Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sam Adam's Brewery

  On Saturday, Courtney and I met up with friends and went to the Sam Adam's Brewery for the tasting.  It was a lot of fun.  The tour guide took us through the brewery and showed up how beer is made and what beers are brewed on location.  The location in Jamaica Plains, Boston is more of a historic and trial run brewery.  Large quantities for shipment are not brewed there. They try out new recipes there, and also brew the beers served in local bars in Boston.

  This is barley..one of the beginning 4 ingredients of beer.  Barley, hops, water, yeast.  This was the most delicious snack..tasted like sunflower seeds.
  Sam Adam's Boston Lager

  Sam Adam's Winter Lager....delish

  Sam Adam's Brick Red.....too bad it's only available in Boston.  If you're at all a fan of red ales, which happen to be my favorite, you will love this beer.


  After all the fun of that evening, I was a grandma and went to bed early.  However, I did eat some amazing food at a little bakery called Canto 6..a little bakery in Jamaica Plain.  I had sandwich called "Goat in the Garden."  It was whole grain bread with roasted beets/slaw, arugula and mozzarella (changed from goat).  I also split a salted chocolate chip cookie and cranberry oat bar with Courtney for road snacks.
  When we got in Connecticut, we had time for dinner before my UConn get together.  We ate apps at Wood 'n Tap, a small Connecticut pub chain. 
Harpoon Winter Warmer..........SOOOOOO good.
  The best damn fried cheese in the world.....that was the crispiest coating I've ever encountered.

  Roasted butternut squash soup with creme fraiche and smoky bacon.

  Hummus platter....this was really good chunky hummus.

  Those are Trader Joe's salted caramel dark chocolates....nuff said.

1 comment:

  1. hate to say this: I don't like beer or alcohol. :( not a true foodie I guess...omg I'm so jealous of tj goodies!!! I can't believe they have seasonal stuff!

    ReplyDelete