This is adapted from Oh She Glows and Yeah That Vegan Shit.
The above picture is obviously not this recipe, but trust me on this one.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease your pan of choice. I used a 8x8 pan, but a decorative round dish would also be nice.
1 diced onion
1 T olive oil1/4c whole wheat bread crumbs
1 can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
3 minced garlic cloves
4c packed fresh spinach
1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped roughly
1/4 c water
1 tsp kosher salt
1 T dried basil
Optional red pepper flakes
1. Pour oil in skillet and sautee onion until soft.
2. While onions are sauteeing, puree your beans, water, salt, basil and red pepper flakes in your food processor. It should look almost like hummus.
3. Add spinach and garlic to onions and sautee until the spinach is wilted.
4. Add the bean mixture to the spinach and onions.
5. Stir in 3/4 of the bread crumb mixture into the batter. Sprinkle the last 1/4 on top of the mix.
5. Bake dip for 20 minutes or until the bread crumbs begin to brown.
I served mine with tortilla chips, but I feel like some crostini or pita points would also be delicious. Maybe even some veggies for dipping.