Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tri Mama

  After being harassed at the bar on Friday night by my friends about my lack of blog posting, I felt bad.  So here goes...........


  You never really realize how gross you look during a race.  However, who can say they've completed a triathlon???  As you can tell by the times on my arm, my run was incredibly slow.  Haha.  My legs felt like lead at that point.  I didn't really train for this, so I'm sure that my times would be better with adequate training.  I even went to spinning class on Sunday.  After my past long races and half-marathons I always felt terrible but the triathlon didn't kill me.  A real triathlon is definitely in my near future!!

Leek and spinach omelet with fruit salad and an English muffin with raspberry jam.

New recipe!!  Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza crust black bean pizza.  Black beans, barbecue sauce, green onions, tomatoes, avocado and cheddar.

Night at the Union.

The Thai House:  This is my tofu pad thai on the left and Courtney's ginger tofu dish on the right.  They were both phenomenal.

Saturday night was my sister-in-law's birthday dinner so we celebrated at Tidewater Grill.  I was definitely not in a seafood kind of mood but their Greek salad was calling my name.  This salad was of gargantuan proportions.....and I ate it all.  Filled with olives, green onions, beets and veggies.  This was seriously an impressive mixing-bowl sized salad.  I scooped out some of the feta since I'm not a huge cheese fan in general, and I had a side of delicious garlicky steamed veggies on the side.  I also had an unpictured over-priced glass of house Chardonnay on the side...it was $9.50!! I wouldn't mind paying that for good wine, but crappy house?  No thank you.  I hate to bash Tidewater, but Andy's seafood was absolutely disgusting and barely edible.  He got a mixed seafood platter of scallops, shrimp, and salmon.  I tasted the salmon and thought I had accidentally eaten chicken....it was so dry and overcooked that you had to chew it like chicken.  Bleh!!!  The service was also not that great.  Fail.

  Dinner tonight was steak hoagies and for me tofu hoagies.  Andy sauteed peppers, onions, and tofu in a mix of steak seasoning, Worcestershire, and A1...a steak hoagie without the meat.  That's kale chips on the side...I ate an entire handful/bunch of kale completely to myself. Yay, fiber!

  Right now I'm going to enjoy some air-popped popcorn, chocolate chip cookies and the Oscars!!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad our harassment worked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the triathlon! I'm going to really focus on working out and dropping some serious poundage so maybe one day I can say I've done it, too.

    ReplyDelete