Saturday, September 11, 2010

Herd in My Heart

So, I am by no means a sports fan.  I really don't know anything about any sport.  Seriously, I don't, and I'm fine with that.  The only sport I ever really enjoyed was lacrosse, and I played that in college.  However, I grew up and go to medical school in Herd Country so I have a special place in my heart for Marshall.  Marshall may not have won the game last night but they definitely showed their spirit and determination.  They definitely gave WVU a run for their money.  The picture below is my little MU fan!

  With that said, let's talk about more interesting things, like food and clothes.  Yesterday, I had the day off and didn't feel like sitting around the house.  I decided to go shopping with visions of bargains dancing in my head.  I made out like WOAH!!

So the picture of me on the left is in Ann Taylor Loft.  I ended up getting both the skirt and the little T-shirt.  It has the cutest pocket on the front...it's a silky dressy material.  On the right are all the clothes I bought and the grand total was right at $60!!!!  Khaki skirt and t-shirt on the right from Ann Taylor.  The shirt on the left is from Forever 21, and that flower on the left shoulder is made of pearls (those are socks below it).  Those shoes are from Macy's.  The flats with my credit card discount were $10 and the Aerosole maroon heels were $15...found them both on the clearance rack.  The heels are super comfortable, so I can defnitely wear them to work.  Which leads me to the picture I took at work today.  I wear scrubs in the ED, so I never wear any other shoes but tennis shoes.  Sorry that it's a bathroom pic but it's the best that I could do.

   I also took photos of something interesting I saw at the local mall.  One of the empty storefronts had different bras displayed in order to raise money for breast cancer awareness.  People were encouraged to send in their bra creations so they could be raffled off at an event. 
   The one hanging up in the middle was really cool.  They basically aged newspaper and added to the bra like decoupage.  It had scenes from a NY newspaper on it.  I think my 2nd favorite is the glittery one on top.

   So, I have a confession.  Today before I went to work I ate a bowl of Optimum Plus cereal and had a Dunkin' Donuts.  However, I was so busy at work that time flew by and it was already 2:00 and I hadn't eaten lunch.  The resident offered to buy me lunch if I would pick her up some chicken nuggets.  So, I bought something in the cafeteria.  I had.....french fries and half of a grilled cheese sandwich.  When I was walking back to the ED, I actually felt like people were judging me on my food decisions.  And after I ate the food I felt like dying.  This just teaches the lesson I always live by:  if you feed your body wholesome and nutritious food you will feel great; feed it crap and that's what you feel like.  Lesson learned. 
  When I got home I knew that I had to go running to clean out my arteries.  We found out that the water was leaking in our apartment, so the visions of whole wheat pasta with arrabiatta sauce might not be happening tonight.  On a good note, I went to the store and bought a new awesome peanut butter.  It's only like $3.99 per jar so it's a winner in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment