This morning started out leisurely, and I ended up getting ready really quickly. However, on my drive into the other hospital, traffic was overwhelming. There was a new traffic pattern, construction, and a wreck. I barely made it to the hospital on time for morning conference. Thankfully, conference hadn't started yet. There's no picture of breakfast, but it was blueberry muesli again with raspberries and strawberries. Repetitive, but delicious and filling.
Mary's Crackers....if you haven't bought these crackers before, go out and get them. They are vegan, gluten-free, healthy crackers. They come in caraway, black pepper, herb, and orginial. Also featured in this photo is my beautiful lunchbox with matching water bottle holder.
- Tomato Basil Bruschetta Burger
- Caprese Salad
- Bacon, spinach and swiss omelette
- Mediterranean garden burger
- Coconut Curry Chicken
This is the first time in my life that I've actually thought hospital food sounded good.
The star feature of this post has to be my brilliant dinner. The other day on my produce extravaganza, I bough swiss chard and leeks. These are 2 veggies that I love and don't eat nearly often enough. However, tonight was the night!
These simple ingredients make something fabulous.
- Asparagus - Garlic (lots of it)
- Swiss chard - Canned Chickpeas
- Pasta - Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil - Leeks (hidden in the pic)
1. Steam your asparagus.
2. Cook your pasta al dente. Set pasta and asparagus to the side.
3. Sautee some olive oil and garlic in a HUGE skillet.
4. Add swiss chard and leeks; sautee until soft.
5. Throw in the pasta, chickpeas, and asparagus.
6. From this point, I added a little water, a dash of olive oil, and let everything heat up. I also added a dash of crushed red pepper for heat.....but you can decide what's best.
7. Serve topped with fresh basil. Some fresh grated parmesan would probably also kick it up a bit.
The piece de resistance!
Just check out those shreds of fresh basil and leek rounds. Obviously, this was delicious. I also ate too many unpictured dark chocolate peanut M&Ms.