Thursday, September 9, 2010

TangTini

So today started out as any other.  I woke up, got ready, but actually ended up getting out the door earlier than I needed.  I stopped at Starbucks to reward myself with a pumpkin spice varietal.  I ended up going with a cafe misto with skim milk and a pump of pumpkin spice.  I just couldn't do a pumpkin spice latte with my bagel.  Carb-overloaded even for me.
Breakfast of champions!!!  Even though I take terrible pictures, I thought the Starbucks picture was particularly lovely. 
Lunch is not photographed because it was boring.  I had my leftover black bean/corn/soy crumbles with tortilla chips and a Pink Lady apple on the side.  Behold my surprise when they announced it was the program director's birthday, and they had cake!!  I live for bakery birthday cake.  I don't care if I was trying to lose weight or cut back, I will NEVER turn down bakery cake.  I became very excited, but they were slow to cut the cake.  I actually had to go to another lecture and didn't get cake!!!!!  I am eternally saddened by this.  I should just go out and buy one of those tiny baby bakery cakes from the deli so I can enjoy some of that sweetness.
Dinner made up for that lackluster lunchtime letdown.  Roomie and I went to Kooma and it was excellent.  I was torn between hot food and sushi, but ended up with hot food.  Just wasn't feeling the sushi tonight.  However, you should check out the sushi menu because they have some really interesting combinations.  Hello, Hawaiian roll?
On the left is veggie tempura.  It included onion, sweet potato (my favorite), green beans, zucchini, and mushrooms.  I also got the tofu hibachi, which includes amazing tofu, veggies, and rice served with a ginger sauce.  But the best part of all was the "Sweet Sixteen" martini.....aka the Tang Martini.  Apparently these babies can be deadly if you drink more than one.  It was un-freakin' believable.  I WILL be recreating this bad johnny.

No comments:

Post a Comment